Friday, April 11, 2014

Give Me Liberty!

Give Me Liberty!
by Leon Howard

"Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop,
 free to work, free to trade where I choose,
 free to choose my own teachers, 
free to follow the religion of my fathers,
 free to talk, think and act for myself --
and I will obey every law or submit to the penalty."


·      Chief Joseph
(1840-1904) Chief of the Wal-lam-wat-kain (Wallowa) band of Nez Perce Indians
Source: Lincoln Hall Speech, Washington, DC (January 14, 1879)

A man feared by the U.S. Cavalry; feared because he wanted his people to live free and this nation could not allow that! He didn’t want to fight because he knew he couldn’t win; he wanted for his people to live free and was trying to escape to Canada.

Folks, this same government is trying to do to the rest of us what they did to the Native Americans and we have no place to escape to. Read this great leader’s words carefully; isn't this what every American wants?

Isn’t this the purpose of government to protect our inalienable rights? Then why won’t they honor their oath of office? Must we shed more patriots’ blood to re-establish the purpose of our Constitutional government? I pray to God, in the name of my Lord, Jesus, that we do not, but only He knows what the future holds for this nation of His creation and I yield to His purpose.

We must prepare for every possibility and pray for His guidance back to the freedom he has always desired for us. I encourage every member of the Tea Party to attend the Committee of Safety meetings; learn what you need to do to prepare for every eventuality. All of the training is free and it takes place with very knowledgeable folks … It’s also a lot of fun!

Plan on attending the Open Meeting, April 24th, 6:30 pm at the Island View Worship Center because Karl and Barbara Anderson will be showing how to build the “Wonder Oven”; they will also be showing the Solar Oven and several other emergency cooking devices. These would be handy when you’re out camping or, in my case, out prospecting for gold.


Many scenarios are possible and some are inevitable because of this overreaching, over spending, and non-representing “government”, it is time for us to re-read Patrick Henry’s speech before the House of Burgess, March 23rd, 1775; it’s all relevant today but a portion resonates with me and should resonate with every patriot: Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!”

No comments:

Post a Comment